About the Role
Gee Communications are looking to expand our fast-growing M&E and Telecoms division, we are now seeking an enthusiastic, innovative, and dynamic Electrical Estimator, to work as part of our longstanding commercial team. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Provide accurate costings for the provision of control systems and site electrical installations to existing clients and potential customers.
• Liaise & meet with clients to understand their requirements, budget & expectations and provide the most appropriate solutions to meet their needs.
• Understand specifications and electrical schematics.
• Work closely with our suppliers to achieve the best possible costings.
• Work on own initiative to provide timely quotes and win new business with precision and attention to detail.
• Strive for continuous improvements in quality and use own initiative to provide innovate solutions.
• Assist with other departments such as design, production, site installation, sales, and technical support as and when required to help them understand the client’s needs.
We are looking for someone who has the drive and enthusiasm to learn new skills within the Rail industry and provide excellent customer service to our clients. Our ideal Candidate has:
• The drive and enthusiasm to learn new skills within the Rail industry and provide excellent customer service to our clients. Our ideal Candidate has:
• Essential Criteria:
• Educated to HNC or higher in Electrical Engineering.
• Experience in using estimating packages.
• Full UK Driving licence and own vehicle.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interface with clients, suppliers, and colleagues.
• Strong background in Commercial or Rail Electrical Installation and Electrical Control Systems.
• Ability to understand electrical specifications, schematics, drawings, block cable diagrams, BOQ’s etc.
• Good understanding of electrical standards.
• Ability to complete Tender submissions and PQQ.
• High attention to detail and strong business acumen’s to understanding project costs.
• Excellent IT Skills with high proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Ability to self-manage & prioritise to meet deadlines.
• Positive attitude.
• Willing to develop and learn new skills with on and off the job training.
• 2-3 years electrical design estimator experience.
• Auto CAD Experience.
• ECS 18th Edition Gold Card.
• Full driving Licence,
A little about us:
Gee Communications Ltd offers a wide range of services from Design and Installation to Maintenance and Technical support, which allows us to provide a one stop shop to our customers.
This is further enhanced by a 24/7 52-week emergency call out service which includes 1st, 2nd, and 3rd line support.
Terry Gee, Managing Director of Gee Communications has commented that "the success of the company is purely due to the good relationships it has with its clients, focus on being a maintenance provider, flexibility and honesty, having the qualities to provide a range of engineering solutions”.
Successful completion of several ongoing projects with the growing reputation of Gee Communications, supported by the firm reputations of key staff has seen our client base expand significantly since our inception.
Gee Communications are capable of delivering both "On Rail" and "Off Rail" engineering works, required by your business.
With our headquarters based in Cardiff, we are able to cover a wide geographical area of both Wales and the further expanses of the UK.